Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies

Dept of Communication Studies - Calendar 2017-18

Issue link: http://digital.yorku.ca/i/824295

Contents of this Issue


Page 15 of 46

15 | P a g e Communication Studies 2017 - 2018 7. What If I can't finish my work during the term? Seek a Deferred Standing from your Course Director Students may be eligible for Deferred Standing in a course on such grounds as illness, family misfortune, or accident. Deferred standing allows students more time to complete course assignments, tests, and exams, after the deadline for the Faculty to submit final marks. Students in such circumstances should approach their Course Director(s) to sign the Final Exam/Assignment Deferred Standing Agreement form available online at: http://myacademicrecord.students.yorku.ca/pdf/deferred_standing_agreement.pdf Please pay attention to the deadline dates for submitting the form. If a course director is unwilling or unable to sign the DSA form, you can submit a petition to the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies' Committee on Student Academic Petitions (see link below) within 48 hours of the Department's deadline: http://laps.yorku.ca/office-of-the- faculty-council/undergraduate-academic-petitions/deferred-standingextension-of- deferred-standing/ 8. How do you take a course at another university for credit? Obtain a Letter of Permission (LOP) For complete information regarding LOPs, please visit: http://www.registrar.yorku.ca/enrol/lop/ If you wish to enroll at another university (host) and have those undergraduate credits transferred toward your York University Degree, you must first apply and be granted a Letter of Permission by the Office of the Registrar. Steps: • Download and fill out a Letter of Permission request which can be found at the following link: https://registrar.yorku.ca/enrol/lop • Submit the form, along with the Course(s) Syllabus to the appropriate department for them to confirm whether the course(s) is/are equivalent to one of their course(s); • Submit the completed form with the department signature to the Registrar's Office (RO), and pay the 50$ related fee (once processed, the RO will send you the Letter of Permission per se); • Follow the other institution's process to enrol in their course(s); • Once the course(s) is completed, arrange for the other institution to send an official transcript directly to York's Registrar's Office - it is also recommended to order a transcript for your own record as you will not have access to the one sent to York; • Once York receives the official transcript directly from the other institution, if the course was successfully passed (with a minimal grade equivalent to a C at York), the credits will be added to your credits count (but will NOT appear on your York transcript).

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

view archives of Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies - Dept of Communication Studies - Calendar 2017-18